You need never worry about packages getting lost or damaged in the mail again -- Ship.com has you covered. Purchase our "Delivery Guarantee" service and if a package you send is lost or stolen while in transit, we will reimburse you the cost of the package contents plus postage. Conditions apply and are listed below.
Is this Shipping Insurance?
Ship.com Delivery Guarantee is very similar to shipping insurance, but we aren't insurance. The concept is the same - if your package is lost or stolen between the time the post office scans the package into their system and your customer has received the package, we will reimburse you for the cost of the contents of the package, plus the postage you paid. The difference is that we are not regulated by the government.
How much does it cost?
Our Delivery Guarantee is automatically included with each package sent for our Executive members. Our Growth and Starter users have the option to include the Delivery Guarantee with their postage order. Just select the check beside Delivery Guarantee when purchasing postage! For Growth users it costs $0.59 per $100 of wholesale value and for those on our Starter subscription it is $1.08 per $100 of wholesale value.
What is the claims process like?
You can easily file a claim through your Ship.com Orders Dashboard. To find out how, visit our help center tutorial. We will request further documentation from you or we may need to contact your customer - but we will do our best to keep the process as painless as possible.
How am I reimbursed?
By default, we apply reimbursements as a shipping credit on your Ship.com account.
How long does it take to process?
You should expect an initial response within 24 hours requesting more documentation as needed if it was not filed with the claim. The claim will be finalized within 7 to 10 business days after the package is eligible.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- You must purchase the guarantee for each package you would like to be covered
- Only packages sent within the last 60 days that do not have any tracking updates within the last seven days will be eligible for a possible payout.
- Only items listed/included in the Ship.com order will be covered.
- Only items purchased wholesale through eligible brands that are advertised on our website (ex: LuLaRoe or SeneGence) qualify for reimbursement.
- A maximum of $500 of product (wholesale rates) is insurable per package. If you are shipping more than this please break it up into multiple orders.
- Only packages sent to domestic, non-APO addresses are eligible.
- Return packages are not eligible.
- Packages sent from an address other than your own are not eligible.
- We will only reimburse the wholesale price of the items in the lost package, plus postage. Again, these items must be itemized in the Ship.com order.
- Packages received at the address on the shipping label will not be eligible for a payout.
- You must wait three weeks after the entry scan of a First Class package to make a claim.
- If a lost package is found after a claim has been paid, you must let us know, so we can reverse the claim.
- Packages must be shipped in the correct container for the postage purchased
- If an item is damaged due to poor/incorrect packaging, according to USPS guidelines then it is not eligible for a payout.